The privacy and security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to the Richardson's Group (including Richardsons Leisure Limited, Horizon Inns Ltd and Moonfleet Marine Limited) hereafter referred to as Richardson's. Richardson's invests heavily in measures that help protect your data protection rights.
This policy describes how and why we collect, store, process and manage the personal data we hold about our customers and team members. The term ‘Personal Data' refers to any information relating to an identifiable individual or his or her personal identity.
This policy outlines how your data will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Richardson's does not sell or rent your data to third parties for marketing purposes whatsoever.
We will ensure that personal data we process is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive, given the purpose for which it was obtained. We will not process personal data obtained for one purpose for any unconnected purpose unless the person has agreed to this or would otherwise reasonably expect this.
Richardson's collects your personal data in order to provide our holiday products and services. We also collect your data so that we can send you marketing information regarding our products, promotions and services for which you have provided your consent by specifying your choice of medium for receiving the communication.
Richardson's has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for ensuring that personal data is managed responsibly throughout the company. You can contact the DPO using the details listed at the end of this document.
You have the right to see the data we hold on you, rectify that data and also to request us to delete that data at any time.
- Richardson's is defined as the data controller with regard to all the information contained within this document.
- The information we collect
- As part of providing our services, we collect your Personal Information. Personal Information means any information form which you, as a "data subject", can be personally identified including (for example) your name, email address, home address, telephone number, IP address or date of birth.
- We collect your personal information when you purchase one of our services, such as booking a holiday, when you enter your personal details into our websites, when you connect to our public Wi-Fi systems or interact with us on social media. We also collect information about your interests, gender and age when you interact with our website.
- We may collect personal information through surveys which we undertake. Such as feedback surveys.
- We also collect personal information when you enter competitions we run.
- Your rights as a "Data Subject"
- Under data protection law you retain the following rights over your personal data outlined in paragraph 3.2.
- Your personal data rights.
- The right to access the data we hold.
- The right to rectification of any data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure of your data (also known as the right to be forgotten).
- The right to restrict processing of your data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to the processing of your data.
- Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you exercise your right to be forgotten this would result in the loss of any loyalty balance accrued from previous bookings.
- Our basis for processing personal data
- For operating our business, including sending receipts (invoices), payment reminder letters or telephone calls. We are required by HMRC to collect and store for 7 years the name and address of anyone who makes a booking with us.
- It is a requirement of our terms and conditions that any person who wishes to holiday with us must register their name and address with us.
- In order to keep you up to date with our news and promotions. We create and send regular marketing information via various channels (including email, SMS, post, telephone). In order to send you this information we will gain your consent. This is usually obtained at point of booking however may be obtained whilst signing up for our competitions, newsletters or public Wi-Fi services.
- In order to create and personalise marketing messages and promotions we may profile your data. We will only do this with your consent.
- Consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting our team on 01692 581081 addressing your enquiry to the Data Protection Officer.
- How we use your personal information
- Your personal information is processed by us to provide you with the products and services relating to our business. In particular we collect your personal information to enable us to:
- Make a holiday reservation.
- Receive and respond to your communications and requests
- Notify you of promotions, offers and general marketing.
- Ensure that we are able to fulfil our regulatory obligations.
- Carry out market research campaigns. We may disclose your details to relevant third parties to enable us to conduct market research.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares in part or whole we may disclose your personal details to such relevant third parties.
- To make our Public Wi-Fi services comply with legislation such as Data Retention Regulations 2009, Digital Protection Act 1998 and the Digital Economy Act 2010.
- Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your Personal Information to any of the following recipients
- Any company within our Group (including to its employees and sub-contractors) which assists us in providing services or which otherwise has a need to know such information.
- Any contractors or other advisers auditing any of our business processes or who have the need to access such information for the purpose of advising us.
- Any data processor which enables us to manage systems or processes as part of any services or promotion offered to our customers.
- Any law enforcement or regulatory body which may have any reasonable requirement to access your personal information.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares in part of whole we may disclose your personal details to such relevant third parties.
- If you object to cookies or want to delete any cookies that are already stored on your computer, you should follow the instruction for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies on you web browser or equivalent software. Further information is available at aboutcookies.org.
- We use a number of methods to ensure that all customer information remains confidential. We have developed a comprehensive policy for data protections management which is reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Richardson's take the responsibility of holding personal data very seriously and is happy to receive any queries or concerns you may have. If you believe that we have not adhered to this policy or that your data has been handled in a way which you feel is not in accordance with your wishes then you may complain to the Data Protection Officer using the contact details below:
The Data Protection Officer
Richardsons Leisure Ltd
Norfolk, NR12 9BX
Alternately you may contact the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) directly who are the body responsible for managing data protection compliance in the United Kingdom.
You can contact the ICO at the following address.
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
- Contact Information
- Please contact us via the contact form on our website or in writing to The Data Protection Officer